Attention: To view and access all the programs information and benefits, please update:
- 2nd parent details in case of "Family Membership"
- This program is free and no sign-up is required.
- All grades K through 5 are encouraged to participate.
- Total of 15 Math challenges will be published throughout the school year every other week.
- Refer to the schedule calendar for dates.
- The purpose of the program is to engage students in math problems that apply classroom knowledge and covers problem solving strategies such as drawing a picture or model, making an organized list, looking for a pattern, and working backwards. Families are encouraged to solve the problems with the students.
- If you submit an individual challenge on time, and answer enough questions correctly, per your grade level, you may be randomly selected to win a prize for that math challenge.
- If you submit at least 12 math challenges (and correctly answer enough questions on each challenge), you will be eligible for recognition at the end of the school year.
HOW TO PARTICIPATE
MATH CHALLENGE SCHEDULE
|(FRI – 3 pm PST)||(THU – 3 pm PST)||(FRI- 3 pm PST)|
|(Thanks giving Holiday)|
|(Mid Winter Holiday)|
|(Spring Break Holiday)|
Click here to download and import Math Challenge Calendar (.ical format). You can download the file and add to your google calendars.
You can submit completed Math Challenges in one of two ways.
- Paper: Place in the bin located in the school premises.
- Electronic: Use the upload or online form on this web page.
***Late submissions will not be accepted.
This year we will recognize all the participating students with enough correct answers per respective grade level and publish their names under results and randomly select one student in each class as 'Math star student' and reward them. Students who can answer all questions correctly in each MC will be recognised as 'Solid star student'.
Note: If you do not want your child's name to be published on our webpage, please contact Math Chair and we will keep the student's name anonymized.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. How many math challenges will there be and how many must I complete?
A. There will be a total of 15 challenges and students are not required to complete any. However, if you complete 12, and answer enough correct questions per your grade level for each challenge, you'll earn a math recognition certificate at the end of the school year.
Q. How do you determine the winners in each math challenge?
A. In most math challenges, we randomly select students from the participants who answered enough questions correctly. Those students receive a small prize. A few challenges this year are special challenges in which everyone who submits the correct number of answers for their grade will win a prize.
Q. Do students of different grades get different challenges?
A. No. All students K-5 get the same problems to solve. However, the minimum number of question that need to be answered vary by grade and questions get progressively more challenging.
Q. Can you explain how to submit the math challenge?
A. You can submit a paper copy by the due date into the math challenge bin in the school premises or you can use one of the two online form options on this web page.
1. Submit answers through Google Forms
2. Send picture of paper copy to MC team
3. Submit a paper copy into the math challenge bin in the school premise.
Chair: Anuraga Gowtham